Updated July 18th, 2019
In order to use most of the sites on the Hidden Marketplace list, you must be able to access and browse .onion sites on the TOR network. Accessing these sites is a very simple process; for those of you that are still not familiar with the TOR browser and network, we have created a simple tutorial to help you access any onion site on the deep web.
A Short Explanation of .onion Sites:
.onion is a pseudo-top-level domain host suffix (similar in concept to such endings as .bitnet and .uucp used in earlier times) designating an anonymous hidden service reachable via the TOR network. Such addresses are not actual DNS names, and the .onion TLD is not in the Internet DNS root, but with the appropriate proxy software installed (in most cases, The TOR browser bundle), Internet programs such as Web browsers can access sites with .onion addresses by sending the request through the TOR network. The purpose of using such a system is to make both the information provider and the person accessing the information more difficult to trace, whether by one another, by an intermediate network host, or by an outsider.
To access these sites just follow these simple steps:
1. Navigate to the TOR Project website at this address: www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en and download the latest browser bundle for your operating system, never download any browser bundle from any other site! make sure that this is the site you are using:
2. After downloading the browser bundle, just install it like any other software.
3. Next, Start the TOR browser and it will connect to the TOR network ( it might ask you for a confirmation, just click ok):
4. After the browser is started, and you see the confirmation screen that the browser is connected and everything is ok, make sure that you are running the latest version of the TOR browser:
5. That’s it! you are all set to go, the only thing you need to do is the enter any .onion url into the address bar of the browser and you will be able to browse freely on the deep web: